Laying A Strong Foundation For Your Connecticut Business
As an entrepreneur, you have put a lot of work into your business concept. In order to turn that concept into a reality, you have many steps ahead of you. Laying a solid foundation for your business is key to your long-term success.
At The Law Offices of Antonio Del Mastro, I am ready to help you do just that. I am attorney Antonio Del Mastro, and I am a dedicated, experienced business lawyer ready to assist you with your startup.
Choosing The Right Entity
Connecticut law provides you with several options for your startup’s legal formation. Common entity choices include:
- Stock corporation – A company that issues stock to its shareholders and runs as a for-profit business
- S corporation – A small company with a limit of 100 shareholders
- C corporation – A company offering limited liability protection to shareholders
- Partnership – Two or more individual owners in an unincorporated business
- Limited liability partnership (LLP) – A general partnership that offers some personal liability protection to the partners
- Limited liability company (LLC) – A combination of a partnership or sole proprietorship and a corporation
- Sole proprietorship – For individuals who will be the sole owners of their businesses
Every entity has different pros and cons with various tax and liability structures. I work with many small businesses, professionals and partnerships. Often, my clients come to me with nothing more than an idea for starting a business. I enjoy working with you to develop your idea into a solid plan and put that plan into motion.
Counseling For Every Aspect Of Your Business
Choosing your entity is only the start. You must make many more decisions as you establish your startup. I will take the time to educate you regarding every choice you must make throughout the process. My approach includes holistic counseling regarding all aspects of your business, such as:
- Governing documents – You will need to file your incorporation documents with the state and create governance documents and membership agreements, as relevant.
- Contract development – All businesses rely on contracts throughout their life cycles. Whether you need a commercial lease or a vendor contract for a supplier, I will work with you to carefully draft your contracts.
- Compliance matters – Do you need a special license or permit for your business? Do you need to follow industry-specific regulations? I will make sure you have everything in place to open your doors.
- Intellectual property – If your business model centers around an invention, copyrighted material or a unique business process, I will help you protect your intellectual property rights. I will also help you establish and protect your branding logos through trademark registration.
I am dedicated to helping you make the right decisions for your business and being there every step of the way.